Using tiles for your Kitchen Counter surface material may not be the most obvious choice because most would say they are outdated, look a tad gaudy and work better on backsplashes, floors or in the bathroom. It all depends on who designs it and installs it for you!
So…..Why not use Tiles on your Kitchen Counters?
Here are some fantastic reasons why you should consider using Tiles for your Kitchen Countertop:
1. Durability – Tiles are very durable materials and survive some serious wear-and-tear in the form of misguided knives and intense heat.
2. Choice – There are a range of beautiful tiles in any colour you can think of, a wide variety of materials (ceramic or stone) and that can even be personalised to any shape and design you want!
3. Look – It brings the warmth of old-world charm and/or a luxe vintage feel to your kitchen space that would stand the test of time (and kids) all while looking pretty.
4. Cost-effective. Compare your options: Natural Wood, Stone Slabs, Polished Cement etc.
5. Maintenance: A simple daily clean with warm water and a mild soap is all you need. We advise you to treat your grout with care by avoiding harsh or acidic cleansers during the clean up process. For your long-term maintenance, a glazed ceramic tile will not need to be sealed, but the grout may need resealing. Stone slabs and their grout will definitely require annual resealing.
At InDesign K+B we have a wonderful Creative Team who can design a lovely kitchen inclusive of your choice of tile as a Kitchen Countertop Material presenting you with your options, and we also have a wonderful professional tiler as part of our team who will install it like a work of art. Give us a call and set up an appointment so we can get rolling!
Here are some photos of beautifully Tiled Kitchen Counters which turned out right :