If you are a parent, you understand how important it is to make sure that your bathroom (master or otherwise) is safe for your kids to use. At InDesign K+B we’re family people – we know what a big deal this is!
So over the years we’ve compiled a list of important things to consider when designing a bathroom with the safety of kids in consideration:
- Avoid using flooring materials that are slippery or high-gloss. We suggest using a non-slip floor material such as ceramic tile with a matte finish or a textured tile.
- When bathing your child make sure that everything you need (towels, toys) are within reach so you would not have to leave your child unattended.
- Cushion areas such as cabinet corners and around your tub spout to avoid any accidents.
- Have childproof locks installed for bathroom storage, medicine cabinets and even the toilet lid!
- Keep tumblers for bathroom-use that are unbreakable and within the reach of kids.
- Make sure that carpets and rugs by the tub and shower are secured (adhesive tape) to the floor to prevent slipping.
- Use safety covers to block the electrical outlets in your bathroom.
- Grab bars in the shower and by the bathtub should be within the reach of the children.
- Utilise faucets and handles that are child-friendly and rounded to prevent accidents.
- Position the towel bar or towel ring within 6 inches from the shower or tub so your kids don’t fall over trying to reach for them.
If you are in the market for a bathroom renovation , give us a call and make an appointment with our awesomely InDesign K+B Creative team to design a bathroom along with you that is best suited for you and your family!